12 Days of Christmas: Day 1 - Snowman!

I'm sure many of you have already heard of the 31 Day Challenge. I had so much fun looking at the nail designs that I was very inspired to do something similar! But of course, seeing that I am new to nail art, I thought that it would be best to start on a smaller scale - like... 12 days of nail art for 12 days of christmas!

Now, so far, I am aware that these blogs are also doing a 12 Day of Christmas:
The Nailasaurus
Goose's Glitter
My Polish Stash
I don't profess to be even half as good as them but I shall try my very best with what I have!

Just in case you are wondering, I have yet to acquire a decent brush, dotting tools or a stamping set. So I shall make do with everyday materials such as toothpicks and tapes and stick to really simple designs that can be easily re-created. :)

So...12 days should be rather manageable... right? =\

Before I change my mind... here's my first design: Snowman! :D



For this mani, I used China Glaze's For Audrey as my base and sponged the tips with white for some snow. I also added random dabs of white with my sponge on other parts of the nail for some soft white snowflakes. Then, I added a layer of glitter using Luci Darling's (Etude House) Spangled Silver Diamond that has a mix of small round and larger hex glitter. Finally, using a bobby pin, I dotted the snowman with white, black and red (for the scarf) on my ring finger.


I think my snowman looks a little shocked. lol! Maybe I should have given him a smile :)

What do you think of my first christmas mani?
Do let me know in the comments if you have any simple christmas mani ideas! I would love to try them!

xoxo,
mich

5 comments:

  1. Well, he's the first on stage, so naturally he got some stage fright! I love the snowy nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Susan: hahaha! poor snowman! ;p and I love the snowy effect too! Makes me feel like winter is here :D

    @nicnacksnails: thank you! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I like the shocked snowman! It's kinda cute and innocent looking. Perfect for xmas eh? ;) Great job!

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram

Categories